jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2009

VI WO: Gender Issues



I was always thinking about equality between men and women. Since I have memory, I have had problems with men and women’s differences. Machismo has been the main problem in my life. Therefore, after discussions I have always ended in my own room crying alone, thinking in the possibility of having more equality and fairness in my family. Possibility which hopelessly I have not found, yet. However, I do not think in equality where men would be mistreating for women to have more respect and make justice. My idea is having freedom, without discrimination and differences. Women and men have the same treatment; they must be equal from thoughts to action. But this is very, very difficult to achieve, due to there is a strong though and even feeling of machismo and conservadurismo.

The interesting thing is, since I read Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own, I could find the words that I lost to explain what I feel and think most of the times about this gender issue. She portrays differences and possibilities of changes among us through this essay. For example, she creates a sister of Shakespeare, called Judith, who was a great artist and writer. But she was not so respected non famous by the audience because of her … as I have felt and seen in this life and its around.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario